Thursday, February 1, 2018

Tea with a Friend

a favorite in the past year,
a place to enjoy afternoon tea with someone special.
So when my friend suggested we meet here for tea,
I couldn't wait to do so.
My favorites are always the sandwiches and savories
and I wasn't disappointed.
Next came the scones with their own cream.
By now I was getting full and decided to save 
these delights for breakfast today.  Yummm!
To top the three tier server were lovely sweets,
two were nibbled there and three were enjoyed later in the evening.
How fun to stretch out the JOY and remember the special time
with a friend over a lovely afternoon tea.
In my cup was Harney and Sons black currant tea,
one of my favorite when I visit a tearoom.
Love this part of the tearoom, the decor is whimsical and done with class.
Thought you might like a glimpse of their pastry
and chocolates. The chocolate are what greets you
when you walk in the door. What a way to touch the heart.
It was a special afternoon shared with a friend
over afternoon tea.

Linking to Bernideen at: http://blog.bernideens.com/

8 comments:

wisps of words said...

Oh what a beautiful place to have tea....

Beauty and warmth and food, for the senses, as well as the tummy.

Lucky you!

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, having tea with a friend is special, and look at all these Yummy goodies. The tea room is so charming. My friend introduced me to scones a couple years ago, and ever since then, I enjoy them. The cream they put on there looks really good. I wonder what it's made with? And you had me with those chocolates in the window. ; )

~Sheri

The Victorian Girl said...

What a pretty tearoom! I try to visit as many tearooms as possible. They all have their own different "personalities" and that's what makes it so fun!

Tracy said...

Such a FUN name for a tea room--and what a fun place too... a bit Alice in Wonderland kind of feeling, the decor...love the pink & grey!! BEAUTIFUL food too! And that chocolate scent swirling round as you come in the door...mmm... So nice to see you & your friend enjoying--and those lovely tea pots! Tea is such a great celebration--and even better taking with a friend, or love one. Happy to be along for this, Marilyn... :))) ((HUGS))

Jeanie said...

I love having tea with a friend and this is really having tea, not just ordering tea at a shop! It looks beautiful, delicious and a lovely thing to do on a winter's day!

Bernideen said...

Dear Marilyn:
Thanks for sharing your delicious tea time and what a darling place it is - loved the food too! Thanks for sharing and participating.

Louca por porcelana said...

What a delightful post!Hugs!

Joy said...

What fun! And it all looks so delicious.