Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Best of British Tearoom

Best of British Tearoom opened in my part of the world last year,
but I guess it really hadn't occurred to me to visit until recently.
Since I am on the planning committee for TeaFestPDX on July 21st,
I stopped by to chat with the owner last week about her involvement
in the tea festival.
We had a lovely visit over a pot of delicious Harney & Sons Darjeeling,
sitting right by the stove.
How special to be able to share over a cup of tea
our love of all things tea.
If you are in the area, she has a wonderful array of English teaware
and food from England.
Sally knows all things British as she grew up in England.
The room off to the right is packed full of delicious sounding teas
to tempt your palate and delight your soul.
Now I can't wait to go back and nibble on little sandwiches and sweets.
You can find Best of British Tearoom at:
4810 SW Western Avenue
Beaverton, Oregon 
Phone: 503-367-4828
Tell Sally that Marilyn sent you.

Linking to Bernideen at http://blog.bernideens.com/

11 comments:

Bernideen said...

That looks like a fun place. That was a nice opportunity to touch base with her about your event! Thanks for sharing!

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful spot, Marilyn. And anything British will capture my heart! It really looks so charming and I'll be eager for a full report on the goodies served!

wisps of words said...

Love the mirror placed, in the fireplace surround. Have never seen something like this. It's interesting. And since I love mirrors, a mirror anywhere pleases me.

Look at the lovely things she has. That armoire in photos 4 & 5... Beautifully painted. And the pink hat on top. And in pic #4, on a shelf, is that a puzzle perhaps? With the intriguing title of 'Black Magic'??? ,-))))))))

Must admit, I'd not be able to visit for tea. Because I must eat Gluten Free, and I doubt if those tea goodies come, G/F. Just sayin'...

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful Tearoom...Pretty tea cozy and teacup too!Hugs!

Margie said...

What a charming tearoom! I'd be tempted to bring one of those tea pretties home with me.

Zaa said...

Lovely tearoom...We don’t have many in my current location but I do love to view and dream about them.... although, I do manage to take in a few on my travels to Australia etc...now I shall have to jot this one down... It looks so very full of life and interesting teatime excitements ....Thank you for sharing.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, I hope I get an opportunity to visit that lovely shop and tearoom. Thank you for sharing. Any time I travel, my first concern is "Where is the nearest tearoom?"

Red Rose Alley said...

What a charming Tearoom, Marilyn. I would love to see the section of the English teaware and food from England. The girls visited England many years ago, and had a wonderful time. I haven't tried Darjeeling tea yet.

~Sheri

Tracy said...

Very FUN with a Best of British where you are! Nice place. Being a big Anglophile, this is very close to my heart! And I love that fire surround that's mirrored and book-shelved! :))) ((HUGS))

Lorrie said...

That would be a delightful place to visit, and shop, and drink tea.

Steph said...

We must go!