Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Amazement

 Amazement!
Isn't that a wonderful word?
Nature amazes me, especially in spring time.
I know, it is early for spring time,
but what can I say.
Enjoy these pictures of spring time
at Elk Rock Gardens of the Bishop's Close here 
in Portland last Sunday afternoon.







 Daphne!

 The bees were very active and excited for springtime.
I tried to capture them on my camera, but not sure you can see them.
 Finding this garden is like finding the secret garden.
There are no signs to guide you and you must know it is here.
It is a center for the Episcopal church.
Wouldn't you just love looking out on these grounds as 
you work and then taking a lunch break to walk here?
 Crocus, snowdrops, and hellebore were everywhere.

Amazement

Let me become notorious
For going around with my bridal veil tossed back
And my mouth saying "I do"!

Renewing my vows with life
Every day
A hundred times a day.
~Sue Monk Kidd

Spring reminds me of a bridal veil,
so full of froth and beauty.
It is indeed my favorite time of year
when life has the blush of a bride
and everything is fresh and new. 

This was my walk for the week.
Hope you enjoyed it!

6 comments:

wisps of words said...

Last Sunday, you took these pictures? Spring time?

Here, we have snow and more snow coming.

Wow! I didn't think Portland had this kind of February.

Jeanie said...

I know. But I came by anyway -- and I'm glad I did. Beautiful in every way.

Red Rose Alley said...

Such pretty purple flowers, Marilyn. The gardens look very peaceful. It's starting to feel like Spring cause we've had warmer days, but I don't think Winter is over for us quite yet. And we may get a rain before Spring arrives.

~Sheri

Sandra said...

Tudo está a ficar lindo e colorido pelas flores. Feliz dia Marilyn. Cumprimentos

Louca por porcelana said...

Your pictures are adorable!Hugs!

Steph said...

I must put this on my to-visit list next year!!