Tuesday, July 18, 2017

One Morning in May - Georgia O'Keefe

One morning in May I was so excited,
I was finally headed to the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum.
Arriving to early, I found time to browse nearby for awhile.
I would have bought you this hat, but I didn't know your size.
Maybe you would have preferred some boots.
We strolled through the neighborhood on a quiet morning in May.
Finally it was time.
Georgia O'Keeffe is one of my favorite women artists.
We took our time and walked with a museum docent throughout
the museum.  I am so glad we did, as I learned so much.
Most pictures we were allowed to photograph,
but really I just soaked it in and enjoyed.


So different than the flowers, simple and elegant.



A different image of the artist.
Do you like Georgia O'Keeffe's art?
Who is your favorite?
After leaving the museum there was a stroll through this garden.
How I loved this quiet, peaceful morning in Santa Fe.

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, how delightful that you got to go to this museum. I would have loved to browse through all those shoes and hats, and it looks like there were some houseware items as well? The flower art work is very nice.

I'm glad I got to see a picture of you standing next to the building. It's
nice to see our blog friend's faces once in awhile. : )

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

Oh, I hope you bought a fabulous hat! I love Georgia O'K's art -- she has so many variations on her style, doesn't she? And I love to see the photographs of her. She's not as you ïmagine, (or as I imagine) and yet exactly right! You look very cute there!

Tracy said...

This was a pilgrimage for you--what happiness! WOW... I'm getting teary eyed reading this, and what wonder to see O'Keeffe's works up close, for real... I've always greatly admired her work too, a creative role model. The quote of her's here--I can relate to that. So much in me is still trying to be translated. O'Keeffe found her way to translate. I just love her style and exploration of different subject matters. So VERY HAPPY you had this special experience! :) ((HUGS))